Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Praise God & Sudoku


Gotta tell you, I am hooked on this game. You really have to try Web Sudoku because it gives you online puzzles to solve for free. You'd probably think I am a dork, but really this game has helped me sharpen myself mentally. You see, after I went through epilepsy (which I believe that by the stripes of Jesus I have been healed completely according to 1 Peter 2:24), I suffered through some major memory loss. For me, a person accustomed to memorize everything, this was probably harder than the seizures alone. I mean, come on, I studied Business Administration and Accounting, for God's sakes, how could I not have any memory retention? But actually, I did struggle with this, especially after a seizure. Wow! I really would be out! I'd have trouble remembering what I had done the days before, and noticed serious gaps in my long-term memory that I could not explain. I got so frustrated. 



But God is amazing! He's helped through this mess, as He has helped me a zillion times before in my previous messes, so I feel at peace, finally, LOL. I don't think we appreciate things enough until we no longer have them. It's a shame, really, that we seem to take things for granted, and we fail to give God thanks for a specific gift that we have, or a fruit (harvest) He has given us. I think we need to play closer attention to what we have and enumerate and praise God for all He has given us.


I mean, why is it that we stress the negative and make it sooo big, instead of focusing on the positive, and making that big instead? We immediately zoom in the bad things that we are going through in our lives as opposed to thanking God for all that is good we got going for us. I mean where would we be if not for the Lord by our side? I mean, the fact that we are alive today is enough reason to give Him glory for what He is doing in our lives. Why are we humans so ungrateful? We see a difficult situation, we run away. Things get a little bit hard and we succumb to sadness, and despair. We immediately question where God is, and ignore the fact that He is right there along with us, and that He gave us His Word in order to find solace; in order for us to fight and to overcome.


In those times of trouble, thank Him. Say: "Thank you Lord for what you are doing in my life. In spite of what is negatively happening and affecting me, I believe you are working in my life, and that Your Word can help me overcome. Things may not be going like I would like them to go in my life, but you know what, praising You strengthens me, gives me peace, quenches my thirst, fills me with joy and surrounds me with your love." There is a song by Marcos Witt that I like very much. It's called "Thank You." I invite you to watch the video Thank You - Marcos Witt  
and praise Him no matter what's going on in your life right now, just praise Him.



I don't know how a good review on an online game turned into me talking about thankfulness, but Glory Be To God if He so chose to. After all, His ways are truly Marvelous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment